Latest Instagram Posts
Friday, January 5, 2018

“BREAKING THE MOLD A GARMENT AT A TIME" | KAVAH KING OF GENTLEMEN'S CURB.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Kavah King. He is someone who I look at as a brother in this community as well as inspiration and someone I plan to work closely with in the near future. I believe that when he and I step out and put on for Brooklyn, we will help change the game.



Here is our interview: 

Ok Kavah so let us get right to it!

You being a plus size model how do you feel you are aiding the progression of the plus size/ body positivity movement?

To be honest, it's an honor to represent men of size on my small platform. I feel that men like you and I are showing the diversity and that there are so many different dynamics for men of size. I feel like I am aiding the progression by pushing the idea that there are no limitations. 


Do you feel that there is still room for improvement or expansion amongst the plus size community in the fashion industry in terms of brands, advertisement, collaboration, products, etc?

There is always room for improvement. Many advancements have been made, but we still need to see a bit more diversity. Men of size come in all shapes and size, brands, collaborations, advertisers, and products should reflect that. 






As a plus-size model and influencer, what do you feel is your responsibility?

My responsibility is to make it the norm to see men of size outside of the roles that we have been limited to. I really want to push the movement that our woman counterparts have advocated for so valiantly. Women have been on the forefront of body positivity and size equality fight for years. I want to be as consistent and courageous as they have been. 


What tips would you share with the plus size guy who isn’t that confident or is seeking ways to improve his image? What’s your secret?

My secret is to love yourself. You have to accept what you cant change and change the things that you can change. But, it starts with self-love and acceptance. Be yourself,  there is only one you on the planet. 










Are there any things that you may have faced that taught you major lessons in regards to this community or your work?

Yes! I learned to appreciate and respect all men of size. Many of us have different walks of life and backgrounds, but we all have things in common. We all have a commonality. 

Where do you see the plus size male movement going in the next 3-5 years? 

I see that there isn't a limit to the plus male movement. I see no ceilings at all. 





What is it like working with people like Ady Del Valle, Rob Robinson, Darnell Grahmm, Reginald Shrerard, and others?

I think that it's an amazing opportunity. I get excited every time I get to work with my "brawn brothers."


(Models for "Brandon Kyle Collection" and "MVP"  from left to right: Kavah King @gentlemenscurb,  Darryl Daniels @darryl_laflirt, Reginald Sherard @reginaldsherard, Darnel Ghramm @dghramm, Rob Robinson @builtuprealnice,  & Ady Del Valle @iam_adydelv)


What are some of your go-to brands, or pieces to create your looks?

In true big man fashion, my favorite piece is a hoodie. My favorite brands right now are Bad Rhino and  The Winston Box. I love the way that they are progressing big and tall fashion. 

What’s next for you and Gentlemen’s Curb? Anything we should be on the lookout for?

I am just looking to be consistent and most likely add more videos to my repertoire. 

What advice would you give another blogger who is seeking to build connections not just in the plus size community but in general?

Be assertive. Be Yourself. Never be scared to have a conversation. Dont seek out to "build connections," just enjoy your craft. Everything else will come. 



Kavah thanks so much for the opportunity to interview you and for participating in this series. I truly appreciate it and can't wait to work with you in the near future!


Be sure to follow Kavah on Instagram @gentlemescurb to stay up to date with his endeavors. And also feel free to go his blog 
http://gentlemenscurb.com


Also comment down below. Share your thoughts and let me know what you think of the series. I would love to hear them. 

Be sure to follow me on all my social medias:

Instagram: @thejay.r
Twitter: @thejay_r
Snapchat: @thejay.r
Subscribe to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/jayrswardrobe
And if you have not done so already
Subscribe to Jay.R's Wardrobe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEARCH

Latest pins